Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) is known to be the definitive edition of the Hebrew Bible. It is widely regarded as a reliable edition of the Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures and is the most widely used original-language edition among scholars.
ETCBC (WIVU) Description
The ETCBC data is comprised of the text of the BHS5. It provides Lemmas which work in sync with our Hebrew dictionaries. Morphology is provided and explained via the morphology dictionary. An English gloss is provided for a quick overview of a word with pronouns in color. A transliteration is provided for those new to learning Hebrew.
Sentence markers indicate where a sentence begins. Clause markers indicate a start to a clause while also explaining the clause for example: “Type: NominalDomain: NarrativeKind: Nominal”. Likewise with Phrase markers indication of start and explanation is given for example: “Type: NominalDetermination: determinedFunction: Subject” all of these markers are toggled via the F key.
The text contains both Ketiv and Qere variants. Ketiv variants are displayed in brown color, Qere in blue. Qere variants can be toggled on/off with the R key.
Lastly the pointings can be toggled on and off using the V key for those who are interested in reading the consonants with out the distraction of the points.
- English gloss (on hover over word)
- Transliteration (on hover over word)
- Sentences markers.
- Clauses markers with explanation
- Phrases markers with explanation
- Sentence/Clauses/Phrases. To toggle on/off these use the F key.
- The text is pointed Hebrew. To toggle on/off pointings use the V key.
- The text contains both Ketiv and Qere variants. Ketiv variants are displayed in brown color, Qere in blue. Qere variants can be toggled on/off with the R key.
- Morphology Dictionary (in book view)
⦁ Morphology for the BHS5/ETCBC
⦁ Fully searchable text
⦁ Easy navigation of topics via topics tree display.