We aim to provide content to equip believers in the body of Christ for the work of the ministry through evangelism, discipleship, daily growth, Bible study, shepherding, and academics so as to accurately teach the Word of God as described in 2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” (NET2)
The interface of theWord is modern and responsive. Everything is customizable so you won’t feel restrained at any point. All windows of the program are automatically arranged within the main window in areas called Views.
There are two main views that display content:
- the Bible View that displays Bible text organized by chapter (also used for comparing texts and creating verse lists)
- the Book View that displays all other non-Bible resources (dictionaries, maps, devotionals, commentaries, books). This view allows you to create your own personal modules of any type.
Separate views are used for searching the Bible (Bible Search View) and Books (Book Search View) and there is one more for navigating through the Bible (Bible Tree). Any number of views can be displayed and arranged with drag-n-drop. Each view provides extended customization features in order to tailor it to your taste.
Where users can view the Bible in various ways:
- Verse mode
- Strongs, Lemmas, Morphology – Visible or hidden behind the word.
Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Books, Devotionals and Maps
There is an excellent built in Editor that is useful in the following ways and more:
- Sermon prep (English, Greek, Hebrew, Multi-lingual)
- Bible study notes
- Personal devotion time
- Academic papers
Bible Search View
Where users can search in the following ways:
- Lemmas (Greek, Hebrew)
- Strong Numbers
- Language of the Bible (English, Spanish, German, Italian, etc.)
- Using Boolean searches or powerful regex searching.